Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

We slept in this morning.  For breakfast I baked a french toast casserole that I made last night.  It wasn't bad, but not fantastic either.  At 12:30 we will be leaving to go to the Royal's game that Chad is afraid will be either rained out or just delayed.  I really like rain delays.  This evening I will be making these cookies.  Some to take to work for a birthday party tomorrow and some for Chad to take to work just because I'm nice like that.  

Yesterday we went to Bethyl Presbyterian Church because a member of our Sunday School class was a guest preacher.  It was interesting.  Then we rushed home so I could get a bunch of animals together and take them to Petsmart and try to get them adopted.  I didn't have any takers, but I handed out a lot of business cards, so hopefully it got us some advertising and people will keep us in mind next time they need a pet.  

We watched "The Nines" yesterday evening - it was crazy weird and the only reason I sat through it was Ryan Reynolds.  Then we watched the last part of the Memorial Day Celebration in D.C.  I remember my mom watching it every year when I was a kid and I liked the fireworks, but I don't think I ever really "got" what was going on.  Well I certainly do now and I am so appreciative for everyone who has served my country.  

Well I guess I should go get ready to sit in the rain.  Hope everyone has had a good holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I even got to have cookies AFTER you watched 'The Nines'... I feel honored, of course, Chad may not have known I was going to get a cookie.

Thanks,
Tim "crazy weird" James