Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today is my day off.

And I'm at work. So here is a story to give everyone a mid-week cheer.

I know that some of you have already heard this story because Chad has a big fat mouth, but I'm sure I tell it better anyway.

So we are on the shuttle bus from the airport to economy parking after our flight back into KC. I leave my phone on the bus, but I don't know that. We get home about 11, and around 11:45 I start looking for my phone so I can set my alarm for the next morning. I can't find it. I used Chad's phone to call my phone in case I can hear it ringing somewhere. I don't hear it ringing, but I do hear, "Hello? Hello?"
So I say, "YOU HAVE MY PHONE!!" Why did I say it so accusingly? Did I think this guy stole my phone? No, I think I was just annoyed that it clearly wasn't anywhere near me.
He said, "I found it on the shuttle bus at the airport, do you live in the KC area?"
I said Yes, and asked where he was.
He said he lived in Overland Park and worked in Olathe, and as I was about to say how close we were, he said, "I work at Garmin."
So I said, "Shut up! My husband works at Garmin!" Why did I say "Shut up!?" I never say that! It's so highschool-15yearoldgirl-annoying!
I continued, "His name is Chad and he works on the 6th floor, will you get it to him tomorrow?" He said he could do that, and I went to bed, happy that it was all going to work out just fine.

Monday morning before Chad went to work he was checking his email and said, "Hey, do you know who you talked to last night?" I started to feel a little sick, because really, what question like that is going to have a good answer?
He said, "Cliff."
I said, "Crap."
He said, "You know, the COO of Garmin."
I said, "CRAP!"
He said, "You totally called the COO of Garmin in the middle of the night and practically commanded him to deliver your cell phone to me."
I said, "And, I told him to Shut Up!!"

Apparently, Cliff had his secretary track down Chad, send him an email that she now had the phone and would bring it to him whenever he got into the office. So thanks Cliff for being so nice about the whole calling in the middle of the night, telling you to shut up and ordering you around thing. You're a good guy. And Chad thinks it is really cool that you use Economy Parking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your version was a little better than Chad's. Good job telling the story the right way.

Mandy said...

Holy crap! Well, it's nice he was so helpful about it and whatever possessed you to talk like whatsherbutt out of the Princess Diaries???

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is something. You definitely shouldn't have told him to "shut up", though.

John and Kim said...

Apparently my husband does not have a big mouth because he didn't tell me, although clearly he knew this story on February 25, 2009 around 11:55am. This is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I think the man probably was completely CHARMED by your comments and Chad will probably get a big promotion and raise because his wife is so cute!

p.s., daddy laughed till he cried! What a great story!

MUM