Friday, June 18, 2010

Concerts, continued

First, an amendment to my last post about concerts.  I totally forgot about going to see The Blanks (Ted's band from the TV show Scrubs) last year!  It was by far the funniest concert I have ever been to, and before last night, it was also the weirdest.

Speaking of weirdest...

Last night was the Edward Sharpe concert.  It was at the Beaumont Club in Westport, which was a new venue for me.

Observations:
Edward Sharpe is crazy weird.
I will never again doubt that I know what pot smells like.
I might have gotten a little high from all the second-hand pot smoke.
Edward Sharpe has a turban made out of his own hair.
Edward Sharpe took off his shirt 2 songs into the concert.
We waited 50 minutes between the opening band and Edward Sharpe.
Probably because Edward Sharpe was busy smoking pot.

Conclusions:
Pot + Edward Sharpe = way weird night.  However, I am listening to an Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's song right now, so...maybe they converted me?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Well here's hoping we do not have the same "scents" at my concert tonight!