Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend

I got to see one of my Awana girls get baptized yesterday at church. It was very nice, made me cry a little.

Chad had a friend over to watch the Super Bowl. A new episode of The Office was on after the game, the first 3 minutes was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Anyone else see it?

Someone is adopting one of the cats over at the shelter. He has been here a month and is super sweet, I'm so glad someone is taking him!

I drove to Topeka on Saturday to meet 2 different rescue groups that were going to take a dog and a cat that I've had at the shelter for a while. The lady who was going to meet me for the dog sent me a text when I was halfway there that said she was having car trouble and would have to reschedule for next weekend. Topeka isn't exactly close, and driving up there every weekend, (without getting paid for it), isn't my idea of a good time. So I'm going to try to figure something else out. Anyone in the market for Jack Russell? The cat meeting went fine, I cried a little (good grief, what's with all the crying!?) when I left him, he was such a good cat, I'm going to miss him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad orange cat got a home anyway, wish they all would! You are putting stars in your crown (and miles on your car!)
Love, MUM

Mandy said...

Those sound like reasonable things to cry over. I'd be happy to shed a few for gray cat.

Josh said...

Maybe you are crying because you are preggers....

KT said...

hmmm, pretty sure that isn't the reason!