Friday, October 31, 2008

My best friend's dad died yesterday. I'm very sad and I don't know how to make her feel better.

Today is Halloween. Being the huge fan of children that I am, I plan on keeping the house as dark as possible and hoping nobody asks me for any candy.

Chad and I went to Joplin last weekend to see some of my family that was in town from California. The kids were huge and super smart - I was asked my favorite color and I was able to answer that with no trouble (blue). And then I was asked my favorite shape. Not only do I not have a favorite shape, but I'm pretty sure it was the first time I've been asked that question. I said I was a fan of the triangle.

I had someone from where I used to work call and ask me for a job yesterday. This is the 2nd person to do that. It was awkward - if I didn't know her, I would probably think she was a pretty good hire - good backgroud, experience - however, I do know her and I doubt she would change her style of work enough for me to hire her. The enviroment here is just so much different than where I used to work, I don't think she could adapt.

Plans for this weekend include the funeral tomorrow at 1, and not much else.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Lol - you crack me up. I'm proud of you for helping Darla and turning down whoever wanted a job.

Anonymous said...

Me too!!! You always make us proud. But especially now.

Love, MUM

ps, I'm still your biggest fan - even if I have lost weight.