Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Squemish? Stop Reading.

Is it bad that one of the coolest things I've ever seen is a dead animal?

When an animal dies or is euthanized, most owners choose to have it cremated - I guess the city frowns on people having pet cemeteries in their backyards. Anyway, when we have an animal to be cremated, we call a company who comes and picks the animal up. A man from the company came this morning to drop off some ashes and said he was having a busy morning because he had a Siberian tiger in his truck.

I have a friend who volunteers at the large cat sanctuary that is near here and she had mentioned that one of the tigers had been having seizures, so I asked the guy if the tiger had been having seizures. He said that yes, it was the same tiger and it had been euthanized yesterday and he picked it up this morning. So naturally, I said I was going to need to see it.

Earl, (the tiger), was wrapped in a tarp, the delivery guy said it took four people to get him into the truck. He was really beautiful. Most people won't ever get the chance to see a tiger up close, dead or alive, so I took a good look! Seeing Earl is now at the top of my "Cool things I've seen at work" list.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

DID YOU TAKE PICTURES?!?!?!?! MUST SEE!!!!

KT said...

Sorry, no pictures - I didn't touch him either, honestly I thought it might be a little disrespectful, does that sound stupid?

Anonymous said...

That is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. That is very cool to be able to be that close (without the fear of being the next meal). Much more exciting than my day at work that is for sure!!!

:-)Brenda

Mandy said...

Oh well, funnily enough when I mentioned touching his paw to Josh he was of the same "that's disrespectful" opinion. Ya'll are 2 peas in a pod on that one.

Kimberly Ann said...

That is awesome! I would have touched it...respectfully.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have been w/Kimberly and petted it. You know I have always wanted to get "up close and personal" w/a big cat. But I'm glad you got to see him. Maybe someday I will pet one. Remember the tiger we saw at the zoo last time and how all of a sudden he "saw" the little kid? WOW!

MUM