Friday, February 22, 2008

I always wanted a blog.

I've thought about starting a blog for a long time. The thought of complete strangers reading my thoughts freaks me out, but I guess that is part of the deal. I'm just looking for a place to express myself so my husband doesn't have to put up with my whining all by himself. There will probably be a little bit of everything - Rants about work, stories about my cats, beauty product discussions, and lots of general rambling. I haven't decided if I will tell everyone about this blog or not. I don't want to have to censor the things I say just because so and so might read it and be offended. However, I am generally known as the world's worst secret keeper, so while I may intend to keep this under wraps, I won't be able to. Hey, at least I admit my faults.

This morning I got to see a ton of of white and red cells in a dog's urine under a microscope. The dog has a bladder stone the size of an egg and has been peeing blood for 3 weeks. You know if the owner of this dog had a stone in his bladder the size of an egg, he would have had it taken care of quite a while ago. I know that human health should come first, so if you can't even afford the basic vaccines for your pet, why would you own one? People say they "just love animals so much!!" Like the love justifies the neglect. And then there are the owners who could afford the recommended care for their pet, they just choose not to. They act like their world would explode if anything were to happen to their pet, but they aren't willing to shell out $10 to get some pain medication for them after surgery? Or give them monthly heartworm prevention? I just don't understand their logic. Loving your pet doesn't make you a good pet owner; taking care of it does.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Most of the "should you even HAVE a pet" criteria should apply to parents too!! Just b/c kids are cute does NOT make you a good parent!!