Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

I am so sick of hearing about the snow.  I was finally sent home from work around 2:30 yesterday afternoon.  I made it to within a few blocks of our house before getting stuck.  A guy saw me and tried to shovel me out, but I wasn't even close to moving.  So I walked home.

Chad was already home, so a little later we walked down to try and get the car off to the side, so it wasn't right in the middle of the road.  But Chad decided we should try and get it all the way home.  There was so much shoveling.  And going forward and backward and forward and backward and we couldn't see anything and his beard was completely frozen over and my mascara was all over my face and we were a mess and cold and I hate the snow.

Another guy was helping us shovel and then a 3rd guy decided to contribute by leaning against his truck, drinking a cup of coffee and telling us that "The new Mini Coopers have 4-wheel drive!!"  I wanted to hit him with my shovel and bury him in a snowdrift.

After being pushed, shoveled and even towed part-way home, we got Minnie halfway into the driveway and quit.  About 10 minutes later the doorbell rang and my neighbor was there telling me I should try once more to get the car in the garage.  So I get my boots back on, peel Chad off the floor and go back out.  Two of our neighbors had completely shoveled our entire driveway!  One of the neighbors put down some sand and with 3 guys pushing, Minnie was finally inside!

Chad stayed home today, and I am off on Wednesdays anyway, so we are just staying home and warm.  They still haven't plowed our road, and I'm afraid if they don't by tomorrow then I still won't be going anywhere.

No comments: