Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am a responsible adult.

Hello from John & Kim's living room.  Chad and I are here babysitting the boys while J&K have a romantical anniversary date.  


We put the boys to bed after playing baseball, coloring, eating dinner, playing wii, reading books, doing puzzles, going up and down the stairs, brushing teeth, lotioning, diapering, pajamaing and tucking in.  Whew, I am exhausted.


Today's prompt:  Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?


I will tell you two stories:  First, my cross necklace from Tiffany's.  Need I say more?  I was so excited to open it on Christmas Day that I screamed "My First Tiffany's!!" and Chad said "First!?!"  So thanks Mom, for the necklace.  I love it a lot.


Second is my wedding ring.  It belonged to Chad's grandma.  After her husband, Chad's grandpa, died, she gave it to Chad's aunt.  Chad's aunt never got married and so she didn't wear it much.  


One time when Chad and I were in the early dating stages, we went to his aunt's house for something and while we were there she whips out this ring and starts talking about how she is going to give it to Chad someday for when he proposes.  And I was sitting right there!  It was horribly awkward.  I tried to look at anything besides the ring.  I cannot convey the awkwardness of that situation.  I didn't want to be like "ooo, let me see the ring!" but she was just waving it around right there in front of me!  How did she know we were going to get married, I barely knew the guy!  


Well apparently we did get married.  Before he proposed, he went and got the ring from his aunt and then went to his Grandma's house to tell her that he wanted to give me the ring.  So he said, "Grandma, I want to give Katie your ring."  And she said, "That's nice dear, but you can't.  I already gave the ring to your aunt Kathy."  And then he had to explain that he already had the ring, etc.  So she took it to her family jeweler to have it sized and then he asked and I said yes.  The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you misquoted Chad just slightly. He actually said "your ONLY Tiffany's! MUM