Wednesday, June 30, 2010

JUNE 30th!!

Oh my, the day is here.  30 days of posting in a row.

Today was busy - lots of errands.  My foot felt ok when I woke up, then it got way worse, and now it is way better.  It is still a little uncomfortable, but I think I'll pull through.

I am starting to wonder about my 2nd job that I do on Wednesday.  (Going to help organize Penny's life, for those of you who don't know).  It is starting to be more of a chore than something I enjoy doing.  I used to think that organizing someone's life would be a great full-time job, but...maybe not.  Or maybe it is just this particular "life" I am not liking anymore.  Unfortunately I have made myself indispensable to her and I am confident that she would fall apart without me.  That's not me bragging, it is actually a bad thing - she might just curl up in a ball and die if I left.  So I don't know what to do.

I got hit on today.  You know how sometimes a guy is really nice to you and you think, "Well he could be hitting on me, or he could just be really nice?"  Well this was not that kind of situation.  He worked at the store I was shopping in and he was clearly nervous and sweaty and stuttering.  He talked about my hair and how pretty and curly and pretty and curly and pretty and curly it was.  He repeated himself a lot.  After a few minutes of his rambling, I started to wonder what the heck was going on and I looked down and remembered that I had taken off my wedding ring last night and forgot to put it back on this morning.  Then it all made sense, because it was clearly all this guy could do to work up the nerve to talk to a single girl, much less a married girl.  When he finally got to "Well maybe sometime if you wanted to maybe sometime we could..."  I just interrupted him with "Ok, I'll let you know if I need any help!" gave him a kind smile and called Mom so I could be occupied with my cell phone for the rest of the shopping trip.

2 comments:

Tim James said...

Outstanding month-o-postings! You did done do good! Now, about your handling of Mr. Nervous... well, let's chat sometime.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tim, it was a great month and I enjoyed each entry! Maybe you could shoot for an entry each week for July?

Love, MUM