Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today I saw some super classy stuff.

At the Royal's game I saw a woman dunk a pacifier in her beer and then stick it in her daughter's mouth.  The little girl (less than a year old) had clearly tasted beer before and reached for her mother's glass to get some more.  The mother laughed.  Super classy.

At church I saw a girl in her prom dress, prom hair, and prom makeup.  Did she come straight from prom to church?  Did she go home in between?  Was prom three weeks ago and she just felt like getting all dressed up again?  No clue.  But I consulted Kim on the matter and neither of us would have ever considered wearing our prom gear to church.  Not even my crown.  Cause, you know, I was prom queen.  I was super classy.

This morning I saw Dolly Friday in the yard.  I was feeding the cats and hadn't tripped over Dolly yet, which meant she had body-slammed the screen in the kitchen window till she got a hole big enough to squeeze through.  So I put on some clothes and flip flops and ran outside with wet hair (that was the super classy part) to look for her.  She hadn't gotten far and she was very unhappy when she saw me, there was lots of growling.  So I flicked her on the nose and brought her inside to eat her breakfast.

Edit: Chad says I shouldn't write about the girl in the prom dress because this is going on the internet where anyone can read it.  While I doubt very much that prom dress girl reads my blog, let me just clarify that I have no problem with her wearing a prom dress to church.  It was just different from anything I'd ever seen at church and thought it was an interesting choice, not a bad choice.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Shame on Dolly for the growling! What an interesting blog entry - you certainly do meet some "different" people.

Anonymous said...

I agree, one of your best! I guess you're going to have to put cat "bars" on your windows to keep them in! What an attitude she has.

Love, MUM