Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Day in the Life

6/6:30am - Alarm goes off, earlier on Tuesday and Thursday. Sometimes I hit snooze, but most of the time I don't.
6/6:30-7/7:30 - Get ready for work - shower, hair, make-up, feed the cats, feed myself if I have time.
7/7:30 - Head to work. Spend the time before 7:30/8 getting ready for the day - check messages, file faxes, etc.
7:30/8 - We are officially open for business, although I have almost always been letting people in for at least 10 minutes already.
Work till 1ish - In the morning I get stuff ready for the next day, make my phone calls, supervise surgeries, have a snack, etc. I get to go to lunch when everything in the back is done, like surgeries, drop-offs, appointments. Then the tech covers the phones while I get something to eat. Sometimes I will get a full hour, I like to meet Chad at Chipotle on those days, but most of the time I just grab something and go back and eat it at work so that the tech has time to go to lunch before the afternoon appointments start.
2-5:30/6 - More work - Afternoons are our busiest times. We close at 5:30/6, if it has been slow then I will have everything done and be able to leave then, but most of the time I have to finish stuff up, so I leave around 6/6:30.
6:30 - get home and sit on the couch. Ideally I would go to bed right then, but that never seems to happen. At night I usually do some laundry, read my websites, eat some dinner, play with the cats.
10ish - bed. I always intend to go to bed at 9, but again, that never seems to happen. Before bed I have to get ready, take out my contacts, etc. Then I lay down. Then I get up to find my cell phone. Then I have to put on my glasses because I can't find my cell phone. Then I use Chad's phone to call my phone. Once I have located my cell phone, I give both the cats a treat in the living room so I can shut myself in the bedroom without them noticing. Lately I have been positioning a fan right in front of the door on the outside so that they can't bang on the door in the middle of the night as easily. Then I put on my CPAP machine and fall asleep within 3 minutes of laying down. It only takes that long because I force myself to stay awake for 2 minutes and 50 seconds to enjoy the feeling of finally laying down.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I thot the cats slept w/ you?

Josh said...

What is a CPAP machine?

KT said...

Josh, it is a machine with a mask that I wear when I sleep - I stop breathing a lot when I am asleep (sleep apnea), and the machine forces air in so that I don't stop breathing as much. I hate it, it's awful, but I can tell that I am less tired when I use it.

Mandy, the cats don't sleep with us, but they really, really want to.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the look into your life!

MUM