Thursday, April 24, 2008

Who doesn't know that being nice gets you more in life than being nasty does? I thought it was common knowledge that if you need something, then be nice to the person who answers the phone, because they hold all the power. Being rude does not make them want to do you any favors.

Dear Client,
Please do not yell at me just because you finally realized you are an idiot. You run a daycare and your dog was due for a rabies vaccine over 2 months ago. The Great State of Kansas frowns upon that, and you know it. I am completely booked today. But even if I wasn't, I might pretend that I was, just because you were so incredibly rude to me. I am booked for Saturday too. Yes, I am still full today. Yes, ALL DAY!! You know when I wasn't booked? The day the dog was due! In February!
Sincerely,
The All-Powerful Phone Answerer

1 comment:

Mandy said...

AMEN!!! If you need an appt call ahead of time! And if you yell at me and cuss under your breath it does NOT make me want to go plead your case to the dr. We have already worked in 4 extra patients today and no your yearly appt does NOT qualify as an emergency!!!